1. Click HERE for how to talk to your child about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Click HERE for how to talk to your teenager about anxiety they may have about COVID-19
Click HERE for suggestions on how to help your child deal with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak
HERE is a link to a comic created just for kids about the Coronavirus
HERE is a link to an article on self-care tips for parents during this difficult time
Ohio's Stay-at-Home Wellness Kit for Parents/Families
- Click HERE for COVID-19 Information from the School Nurses at Kettering City Schools
- Click HERE for a list of food pantries in the area
- Click HERE for updates on the COVID-19 drive-thru pantry offerings from the Dayton Food Bank at 56 Armor Place, Dayton, OH (937) 461-0265
- Piada will be offering students who are affected by the Coronavirus school closures and are dependent on our school systems for lunch a free kids pasta with sauce, cheese, and a fountain drink, Monday - Friday, now - May 31st from 11:00am - 1pm. See their social media for more details.
- Spectrum offers assistance with WiFi for any student involved in the school lunch program. Click HERE for more details.
-The Get Help Now App for Montgomery County has new COV-ID 19 Resources. This free app instantly connects you with local service providers for addiction, rehab, mental health, and more. Simply use the interactive directory to find a facility near you, and put the treatment, support, housing, and 24/7 urgent services you need right at your fingertips.
3. Please have your child fill out a counselor request form (linked on the home screen of this counselor website) if they need to speak with their unit counselor during the extended spring break that was mandated by the Governor Dewine. The unit counselor will contact them within a timely manner.
4.Kettering City Schools was informed of a Crisis Text line from the Ohio Department of Education. Text 4Hope to 741741. A trained crisis counselor will respond back within 5 minutes to help in coping with a stressful situation.
5. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255